What to do when you are waiting for your copywriter to respond…
So, let me guess. You’ve submitted a request or sent an email and now you’re waiting for a response – BUT your excitement is at its peak level!
Heart racing, hands sweating, belly churning.
Trust me, I know. I have been at the forefront of the creation of so many websites, brands and visions that I know that feeling all too well. It’s darn right incredible, but also… waiting can be hard.
So, I am here to reassure you that I will not keep you waiting long. However, in the meantime, I have put together a list of do’s and don’t to guide you through the waiting process. Call it personal experience, call it intuition – I hope these keep you busy while I roll up my sleeves and get to formulating a response to your enquiry.
Things to Do
- Make yourself a cup of tea and take 5 minutes to sit in the garden. Breathe in deeply, life is good.
- Remember the original feeling you had when you decided to start your business? Feel into that moment again.
- Tell yourself one thing that you appreciate about yourself. You’re about to embark on a beautiful adventure, it’s time to get to know yourself a bit deeper.
- Think about (and write down) all those moments in your career and journey that were special to you – all those “mom look what I did” moments. We want a big list of your top achievements.
- Climb a tree and walk barefoot.
Things to Not Do
- Don’t panic. Your copywriter has not been eaten by wolves and will respond to you soon.
- Start designing your website yourself – remember that copy dictates design and not the other way around.
- Start packing your bags for your 6-month soul-searching journey through Korea with no internet – this is a collaborative process and we will need your input and availability.
- Start looking for a copywriter on Fiverr – I have spent over a decade crafting a unique and strategic process where you feel held, seen and valued for your gifts and offerings. I feel very deeply that I have a skill for capturing authentic stories, and I know that by working together we will create something incredibly magical – oh wait, what’s that? Yes, the characters and voices in my head affirm this to be true.
- Get fixated on what your competitors are doing and begin feeling as if you have missed the boat – your boat hasn’t left yet, and the timing is always perfect (for more on this read my article – What is Authentic Copywriting?)
- Underestimate the power of a strategic brand story when it comes to turning your followers into repeat customers.